Thursday 24 November 2011

What pops your Cork?






It is a glorious day here in Cork, Ireland. The sun is shining and I am feeling great! I hope you are experiencing this wonderful weather so late in November and that you are able to feel the warmth of the sunshine on your face before it disappears for the day.

Corcaigh (the Irish spelling for Cork) is thought to be the real capital of Ireland by those who inhabit this beautiful city. From my hotel on the Quay over looking the River Lee I can see a very vibrant and stunning sight and it all looks very exciting to me and I cannot wait to take a closer look before I begin rehearsing.

I am told this is the Isle of Shamrock and Leprechauns who like a drop of home brew now and again. Apparently 'they never become so drunk that the hand which holds the hammer becomes unsteady and their shoemaker's work affected'. I hope this works for me too because I definitely feel in high spirits today!

Cork is the home of so much inspirational musical influences including the Cork School of Music where I will be performing later today and I hope you will find time to join me.










No comments:

Post a Comment