Thursday 29 November 2012

Help! my mail daemon is depressed!





Having had a very frustrating week due to a variety of technical problems trying to finalise my new e-commerce store. I finally fell about laughing when I saw the comments in a Mailer Daemon email today. The text below was in amongst a string of hypertext and as I sipped my coffee and reached for another biscuit I just could not help but imagine a sad, bedraggled, downtrodden Ethernet robot struggling in a virtual queue trying to deliver an email that just would not go!

From: Mailer Daemon:

Hi. This is the mail message programme.

“I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. Greeting failed. Service refused, please try later.

I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long."




But please do try my store which is now finally open!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well done in getting it all up and running! :)

    If you end up selling some cufflinks, or other manly accoutrements I will be among the first to send some money your way! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil, thank you for leaving your comment. We are currently working on new products including cufflinks. In the meantime the mugs are very masculine!

      Delete
  2. Hi Phil,

    Just so you know we have now added some very nice keyrings that you might like!http://evelyncommercetest.i-dash.co.uk/c/42/keyrings

    ReplyDelete